What to do if you smell, hear or see gas. (Propane smells like rotten eggs)
1. Make sure to eliminate all sparks or flames!
Be sure to Immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames.
Make sure you do not operate appliances, lights or cell phones/telephones “flames or sparks from these sources can trigger an explosion or fire”.
2. Leave the area as immediately!
Make sure everyone is out of the area or building where you suspect the leak is coming from.
3. Make sure to shut off the gas!
Locate the gas supply valve on your propane tank and quickly turn it clockwise (to the right) if it is safe to do so.
4. Be sure to report the leak as soon as you can.
Use another location such as a neighbor’s home or another off-site location to call your propane provider right away. If you are unable to reach your propane provider, call 911 or your local fire department.
5. Keep away from the potential gas leak area until your propane provider determines it is safe.
6. Have an inspection done.
Before using any of your propane appliances, it is necessary to have your propane provider or a qualified service technician check your entire system to ensure it is leak-free.